Solar energy is an electric generation source that hasreceived great interest nowadays. The solar panels used are environmentallyfriendly and can help you save money on your electric bill. Many have alreadychosen solar products for their homes, and many more are considering switchingto solar panels.
However, how effective are solar panels and what factorsinfluence your solar panel? How do the materials used, the installation,weather conditions, and other factors affect the efficiency of the solarpanels? Therefore, in this blog we will be reviewing some tips to increase theefficiency of the solar panel.
TYPE OF SOLAR PANELS:
· Monocrystalline Panels: This is the mostefficient type of panel because it is made from a pure form of silicon. Thislevel of purity allows electrons to move freely and generate more energy.
· Polycrystalline Panels: These are lessexpensive panels made of silicon fragments. These panels have been around for alonger time and are widely regarded as the most productive and efficientpolycrystalline panels.
· Thin-film Panels: These are the leastdurable and efficient models, but they are the simplest to install.
So, these are the panel factors to consider for increasedsolar panel efficiency.
WHAT IS SOLAR PANEL EFFICIENCY?
The amount of energy produced by a solar panel withreference to what was received from the sun is termed Efficiency. It iscalculated by measuring how well a solar panel converts solar input energy intooutput energy. The solar panel has a relative efficiency of 17% to 20%.
FACTORS THAT IMPACT SOLAR PANEL EFFICIENCY
· Weather: The efficiency of the panels canbe affected by the weather. Extreme cloudy weather, heavy rain, and snow dointerfere with their work.
· Panel orientation: As previously stated,proper panel installation is critical to efficiency. The orientation of thepanel influences how well it can access the sun.
· Shading: Shades from surrounding buildings,trees, or even roof portions can also reduce the amount of sunlight availableto the panels, reducing their efficiency.
· Panel Quality: High-quality solar panels arerequired for superior energy efficiency. Some materials conduct electricitybetter than others.
TIPS TO IMPROVE THE EFFICIENCY OF YOUR SOLAR PANEL
In order tomaximize the efficiency of solar panels, we provide some suggestions toincrease the solar panels’ efficiency;
· Get the best solar specialists for panelinstallation: Consistent exposure to sunlight is required foreffective solar panel use. This is only possible if the experts install thepanel correctly. Before installing a high-functioning system, your panel expertshould consider some key factors such as shade from a neighbouring home, trees,the shape of your roof, the position of your home, and so on. As a result, youmust hire an experienced technician to install solar products in your home.
· Regularly clean the solar panels: Dirt,dead leaves, branches, garbage, and debris can affect the efficiency of the panels negatively and reduce the panelproductivity. We implore periodic cleaning of the panels.
· Maintain the panel at intervals: Hireprofessionals to regularly check and inspect solar panels for cracks and ensurepossible replacement of any cracked panels.
· The use of energy-efficient appliances: Energy efficient appliancesare excellent tools for lowering energy consumption and making better use ofsolar Installations CFL, LED TVs, energy-efficient Refrigerators andAir-conditioners are best for promoting proper energy conservation.
Genus Nigeriadistributes high-quality solar panels for residential and industrialapplications. You can contact us for inquiries, pricing, and purchase.
Our special team of technicians is available to provide pre-salesand post-sales support.